Kindergarten Teacher - Full Time
Stages Academy, a performing arts preschool and afterschool program, Kindergarten Teacher to join our amazing team and unique school environment at our Buckingham/Furlong location!
We are a school based on the Reggio Emilia approach and provide a program that challenges a child's whole brain by putting academics and the arts on an even playing field. In addition to academics, our students receive daily classes in Dance, Drama, Art, Music, and Library/Technology (taught by existing staff). Our unique program allows students to attend classes on a rotational basis, in 35 minute intervals throughout the day, providing them with the opportunity to learn from a wide variety of teachers and staff.
We are seeking a fun-loving, creative, nurturing, and detail-oriented teacher to teach the academic portions of our full-day Kindergarten class and the academic portion of each of our Kindergarten Enrichment classes.
At Stages, we believe that our Reggio Emilia-based program and our small class size (no more than 11 students per class) offer students the opportunity to develop a lifelong love of learning. We are looking for a teacher to help our students develop that natural excitement for being at school and learning.
You will be:
· Developing lesson plans and delivering daily instruction to full day Kindergarten and half day Kindergarten Enrichment classes within established curriculum and guidelines,
· Establishing an environment conducive to learning and supervising students within the classroom and other assigned areas, and
· Collaborating with other professional staff to ensure the smooth running of the program.
* Full-Time with bonuses, benefits package available
* Option for school year or full-year employment
* Opportunities for advancement
* Experience preferred, but will train the right candidate
* Current PA Elementary (K-6 or PK-4) Certification
* Current PA Criminal History background check
* Current Federal Criminal background check (must be done through DHS NOT DOE)
* Current Child Abuse background check
* PA Instructional I (and/or II) Certificate
* NSOL background check
We pay a minimum of $16/hour (based on your level of education and experience) with 4 opportunities throughout the first year to earn an additional $4.50 per hour! Raise your pay an additional $1 per hour as early as your first day upon completing job entry requirements! Benefits package available to full-time employees. Pay commensurate with your level of education.
We are looking to hire teachers for immediately! Please do not wait to apply!
Stages Academy is an equal opportunity program and encourages applications from all individuals regardless of age, gender, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, veteran status, military obligation, marital status or physical ability, and evaluates all candidates on a merit basis.